JUSTICE DELAYED..JUSTICE DENIED
Sylhet has been rocked with yet another twin blasts at two cinemas day before yesterday. A boy was killed and 15 other people injured in the explosions. The police showed arrested three people injured as possible suspects. But I doubt whether this investigation will reach a dead-end and the criminals will never face any trial.
Fourteen bomb explosions in Sylhet region since 1997 have killed 23 people and injured many more, but the attackers are doing it again and again as the police and other law enforcement agencies have failed to uncover the motive and bring the criminals to book. There is no headway in the investigations of the May-bombings which injured the British High Commissioner in the Hazrat Shahjalal shrine.
The authorities are clearly not getting the clue that who is behind all these. The right-wing Islami extremists who are against people going in Shrines(mazaars) are deemed behind the bombing in Hazrat Shahjalal shrine. They say that there is no place of worshipping mazaars in Islam. Now they are targetting the Cinema halls because in there view Cinema is unislamic. So they felt that their sole responsibility is to kill other muslim and establish a Taliban-like state in Bangladesh.
As long as the real perpetrators are not caught and punished with exemplary sentences, these attacks will continue to hurt innocent people making the image of both the govt. and the country. I hope and pray that the people affected by the bombings get their justice in time.
JUSTICE DELAYED..JUSTICE DENIED
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- RACISM BREWING IN BAHRAIN Bahrainis are proud of ...
- EMAIL TRACKING Here is a guide which shows how ...
- IF YOU HAVE THE WILL YOU HAVE THE WAY A plan of...
- ECONOMICS MADE EASY FOR DUMMIES Holy Cow! I did...
- IN WHICH DIRECTION OUR POLITICS IS GOING? Bangl...
- THE THREAT AGAINST DEMOCRACY CONTINUES After 2 ...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Panic is a sudden desert...
- THE SCREAM IS STOLEN The norwegian painter Edvar...
- LIVING IN PANIC Many are wondering about the type...
- AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * The new edition of the...
- SHOCK & LOATH Yesterday evening panic sprea...
- RESIST THEM (Picture Courtesy the Daily Star) T...
- KNOW YOUR ENEMY The Islami fanatics of Banglade...
- And Everything Will Be in the Custody of the Damne...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * A child who is allowed t...
- THE LEADER The nation mournes today the 29t...
- IN REMEBRANCE OF DR. HUMAYUN AZAD (1947-2004) ...
- Relief efforts
- HELP BANGLADESHI FLOOD VICTIMS Click the ...
- NOBO BANGLA - A HORRIBLE PROJECT The news has n...
- BANGLADESH - IN THE EYES OF A BEHOLDER Damien ...
- ALLAH MADE ME FUNNY "Just as Muslims feel that ...
- JUSTICE DELAYED..JUSTICE DENIED Sylhet has been r...
- PROOF KILLED IN ENCOUNTER You have seen it in t...
- DONATIONS FOR THE BANGLADESH FLOOD VICTIMS ...
- ELSEWHERE IN BLOGOSPHERE * "Gaping void" 's tip...
- TACKLING FLOOD The flood situation in Banglades...
- BANGLADESH'S TEST STATUS In the recently conclu...
- ▼ August (28)