The nation mournes today the 29th death anniversary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the founder father of Bangladesh and his family members, who were brutally assassinated in an army coup. The strike for dispute over holiday certainly mars the solemn occasion this year as I think it is a bad move by the Awami League. But sad to say that many show no respect for"The leader and the man" because of his political ideals and it results in the continuing trend of the ruling BNP and its coalition to eviscerate his images from everywhere. He was controversial at the latest stage of his career because of his roles in trying to turn the country into a communist regime banning all the parties. His sons and party leaders were engaged into corruption and repression (Rakkhibahini) creating an state of anarchy. It all culminated into that coup-d'etat but surely it should not be the way the inevitable change was to happen.
His shortcomings maybe that he was a failed administrator and was steering the nation out of democracy, but he was the man who united the Bengalis and steered us into liberation from Pakistan's oppressions. His love for the country and the people is truly unquestionable.
I hope that we look at Bangabandhu's deeds beyond our political beliefs and ideals and give him the respect he deserves.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- RACISM BREWING IN BAHRAIN Bahrainis are proud of ...
- EMAIL TRACKING Here is a guide which shows how ...
- IF YOU HAVE THE WILL YOU HAVE THE WAY A plan of...
- ECONOMICS MADE EASY FOR DUMMIES Holy Cow! I did...
- IN WHICH DIRECTION OUR POLITICS IS GOING? Bangl...
- THE THREAT AGAINST DEMOCRACY CONTINUES After 2 ...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Panic is a sudden desert...
- THE SCREAM IS STOLEN The norwegian painter Edvar...
- LIVING IN PANIC Many are wondering about the type...
- AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * The new edition of the...
- SHOCK & LOATH Yesterday evening panic sprea...
- RESIST THEM (Picture Courtesy the Daily Star) T...
- KNOW YOUR ENEMY The Islami fanatics of Banglade...
- And Everything Will Be in the Custody of the Damne...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * A child who is allowed t...
- THE LEADER The nation mournes today the 29t...
- IN REMEBRANCE OF DR. HUMAYUN AZAD (1947-2004) ...
- Relief efforts
- HELP BANGLADESHI FLOOD VICTIMS Click the ...
- NOBO BANGLA - A HORRIBLE PROJECT The news has n...
- BANGLADESH - IN THE EYES OF A BEHOLDER Damien ...
- ALLAH MADE ME FUNNY "Just as Muslims feel that ...
- JUSTICE DELAYED..JUSTICE DENIED Sylhet has been r...
- PROOF KILLED IN ENCOUNTER You have seen it in t...
- DONATIONS FOR THE BANGLADESH FLOOD VICTIMS ...
- ELSEWHERE IN BLOGOSPHERE * "Gaping void" 's tip...
- TACKLING FLOOD The flood situation in Banglades...
- BANGLADESH'S TEST STATUS In the recently conclu...
- ▼ August (28)