THE THREAT AGAINST DEMOCRACY CONTINUES
After 2 days of the incident, a group has claimed responsibility for the grenade attack on Awami League (AL) rally and issued a fresh threat to assassinate Leader of the Opposition and AL President Sheikh Hasina.
Hikmatul Zihad, by-name an Islami militant organisation (nobody has any information on them yet) has sent a email to the Bengaly Daily "Prothom Alo" from the ID firstname.lastname@example.org.
The message ran like this according to newspaper reports:
(Don't) think that (Sheikh) Hasina is out of danger. We missed our previous chance but now we are very (careful in) our mission. Tell her to be (prepared).
We are coming and this time we will (accomplish) our target within 7 days. It's a promise.
Now as some has raised the question, what can the government do? There is ofcourse some tools to track IP adresses that the intelligence can use. The government can start investigating the activities of the known Islami militant organisations and their collaborators. But I don't have high regards of the capabilty and intentions of the security personnels that we have. It may be noted here that atleast 16 personnel from the Detective Branch and National Security Intelligence were said to be in the rally to protect Sheikh Hasina. There were more than 280 Police personnels in that region who were controlling the crowds.
Picture: a look at the security personnels in the rally. For those who do not understand Benglai, the red box in the middle is the truck used as a makeshift podium and the men in blue pants are the Police and others are security forces in plain clothes.
Now my question is how can the perpetrators escape amidst such a great number of security forces and nobody has seen anything. It makes people wonder about the capabilty/planning and effectiveness of the security personnel. Some do not strike out the possibilty that they somehow were ordered to let the things happen. The truth, only time will tell. We are just testing out logics.
THE THREAT AGAINST DEMOCRACY CONTINUES
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- RACISM BREWING IN BAHRAIN Bahrainis are proud of ...
- EMAIL TRACKING Here is a guide which shows how ...
- IF YOU HAVE THE WILL YOU HAVE THE WAY A plan of...
- ECONOMICS MADE EASY FOR DUMMIES Holy Cow! I did...
- IN WHICH DIRECTION OUR POLITICS IS GOING? Bangl...
- THE THREAT AGAINST DEMOCRACY CONTINUES After 2 ...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Panic is a sudden desert...
- THE SCREAM IS STOLEN The norwegian painter Edvar...
- LIVING IN PANIC Many are wondering about the type...
- AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * The new edition of the...
- SHOCK & LOATH Yesterday evening panic sprea...
- RESIST THEM (Picture Courtesy the Daily Star) T...
- KNOW YOUR ENEMY The Islami fanatics of Banglade...
- And Everything Will Be in the Custody of the Damne...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * A child who is allowed t...
- THE LEADER The nation mournes today the 29t...
- IN REMEBRANCE OF DR. HUMAYUN AZAD (1947-2004) ...
- Relief efforts
- HELP BANGLADESHI FLOOD VICTIMS Click the ...
- NOBO BANGLA - A HORRIBLE PROJECT The news has n...
- BANGLADESH - IN THE EYES OF A BEHOLDER Damien ...
- ALLAH MADE ME FUNNY "Just as Muslims feel that ...
- JUSTICE DELAYED..JUSTICE DENIED Sylhet has been r...
- PROOF KILLED IN ENCOUNTER You have seen it in t...
- DONATIONS FOR THE BANGLADESH FLOOD VICTIMS ...
- ELSEWHERE IN BLOGOSPHERE * "Gaping void" 's tip...
- TACKLING FLOOD The flood situation in Banglades...
- BANGLADESH'S TEST STATUS In the recently conclu...
- ▼ August (28)