NOBO BANGLA - A HORRIBLE PROJECT
The news has not widely spread yet but there is venture to simplify the writing of Bangla language. Nobo Bangla is being promoted by systech Digital and I believe it is a brainchild of Mr. Shikder Monowar Murshed of linguistic department of the Dhaka University. In this effort they have decreased Bangla vowels & consonants to 39 only and completely eradicating the use of connected words. They claim that it can be easily applied in computer based applications and will be convenient for the users.
But from the look of it one thing I must say that "it sucks". It seems completely different than traditional Bengali scripts. The intention is good but the outcome just horrible. There have been much research to simplify Bangla language by managing the connected words better. But the outcome should not be accepted if it deviates significantly from the existing writing style of more than thousand years.
So I hope the Nobo Bangla people should try something else, keeping the original style and scripture. Being a language of 189 people and ranking 5th in the world, it should not be experimented with. When Bangladesh was under Pakistan rule, there was one such horrible plan by the government to use Arabic scripture to write Bangla.
For example the Ankur Bangla Project have been successful in implementing Bangla (Bengali) on GNU/Linux.
NOBO BANGLA - A HORRIBLE PROJECT
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- ► 2005 (373)
- RACISM BREWING IN BAHRAIN Bahrainis are proud of ...
- EMAIL TRACKING Here is a guide which shows how ...
- IF YOU HAVE THE WILL YOU HAVE THE WAY A plan of...
- ECONOMICS MADE EASY FOR DUMMIES Holy Cow! I did...
- IN WHICH DIRECTION OUR POLITICS IS GOING? Bangl...
- THE THREAT AGAINST DEMOCRACY CONTINUES After 2 ...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * Panic is a sudden desert...
- THE SCREAM IS STOLEN The norwegian painter Edvar...
- LIVING IN PANIC Many are wondering about the type...
- AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * The new edition of the...
- SHOCK & LOATH Yesterday evening panic sprea...
- RESIST THEM (Picture Courtesy the Daily Star) T...
- KNOW YOUR ENEMY The Islami fanatics of Banglade...
- And Everything Will Be in the Custody of the Damne...
- QUOTES OF THE DAY * A child who is allowed t...
- THE LEADER The nation mournes today the 29t...
- IN REMEBRANCE OF DR. HUMAYUN AZAD (1947-2004) ...
- Relief efforts
- HELP BANGLADESHI FLOOD VICTIMS Click the ...
- NOBO BANGLA - A HORRIBLE PROJECT The news has n...
- BANGLADESH - IN THE EYES OF A BEHOLDER Damien ...
- ALLAH MADE ME FUNNY "Just as Muslims feel that ...
- JUSTICE DELAYED..JUSTICE DENIED Sylhet has been r...
- PROOF KILLED IN ENCOUNTER You have seen it in t...
- DONATIONS FOR THE BANGLADESH FLOOD VICTIMS ...
- ELSEWHERE IN BLOGOSPHERE * "Gaping void" 's tip...
- TACKLING FLOOD The flood situation in Banglades...
- BANGLADESH'S TEST STATUS In the recently conclu...
- ▼ August (28)