DON'T LISTEN TO IMF
In a recent post I have argued how Bangladeshi government employees were dragged to corruption out of necessity. Many can brag about the prevailing corruption in Bangladesh, but nobody is eager to go at the root of the problem. The last government pay-increase was eight years ago. How can government employees match their living standard induced with inflation? A typical first class officer in Bangladesh get almost one-forth of an employee in India or Sri-Lanka of a similar position. We are telling them not to get corrupted. Are we providing them with any alternatives than corruption?
According to this report, IMF is trying to defer the new pay commission initiatives taken by the government arguing that it would create an additional burden on the government exchequer. I think these guys study only the balance of payments rather than the other things in perspective. I should give credit to the Bangladeshi finance minister Mr. Saifur Rahman who defended the government move saying if the revenue earnings were raised by half per cent only, the new pay scale could be implemented at ease.
Its true that there will be inflation if the new pay scale is implemented, but it is furthermore important to match the government salaries with current market rate. Please note the private sector pays lot more than the public sector inducing many brilliant students ignoring government jobs. I hope that this would decrease the level of corruption in the country.
DON'T LISTEN TO IMF
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- TODAY'S TITBITS * The Da Vinci Code won the Briti...
- NOT DOING BADLY, THANK YOU Philip Browning has wr...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * "Bangladesh: Beyond The Headli...
- BANGLADESH CRICKET TEAM'S ENGLAND TOUR Bangladesh...
- WHEN BEAUTY COMBINES WITH BRAIN Aishwarya Rai, ...
- TENSED BORDERS - HATRED GROWS In my last post abo...
- RIANNA UPDATE -IV Hello everyone. I am going to ...
- THE CASE OF SALAHUDDIN SHOAIB CHOWDHURY Sharif le...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * The war against terror meme sp...
- SEARCHING THE TRUTH Almost three corners of Bangl...
- TODAY'S LINKS * "A living contradiction" in his o...
- AGAINST ALL ODDS The Bangla new year celebrations...
- ANTI-BANGLADESH PROPAGANDA IN UK Our good friend ...
- BENGALI NEW YEAR (1412) GREETINGS Shuvo Nobobar...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * Greg Chappell or Dav Whatmore:...
- SALUTE TO BANGLADESH DEMOCRACY Jane Novak of Armi...
- HATE CRIME I have been reading bits and pieces ab...
- LINK-O-MATIC * Kolkata 4 Dhaka 2 - A comparison ...
- DON'T LISTEN TO IMF In a recent post I have argue...
- TRAFFIC CHAOS IN DHAKA After introducing the reva...
- FAMOUS BANGLADESHI SHOWCASE Dr. Fazlur Rahman K...
- BANGLADESH'S LURKING TERROR Nazli Kibria, who is ...
- UPCOMING MAQSOOD O'DHAKA GIG Have you wondered wh...
- APRIL FOOL'S DAY LINKS * The 100 Greatest April ...
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2004 (329)