* The war against terror meme spreads in the games world also. SOCOM 3, an action-based video game designed for Sony PlayStation II, includes a mission in Bangladesh naming it as a militant country. This version is not yet released and expected to be on the selves in August 2005. Bangladesh has lodged an official complaint to Sony to remove its name. Ishtiaque has details. It seems it is not only a game after all.
* After all the fuss that Dave Whatmore is going to be the next Indian coach, he extends his contract with Bangladesh for another two years. It is a great victory for Bangladesh Cricket Board and I think his continuity will be an asset in development of Bangladesh cricket.
* Only in Bangladesh you can find an infant charged with rape and the mockery continued in the court.
* The Full Text of EU resolutions on Bangladesh taken on 14th of this month. The opposition Awami League has made issues out of it to pressurize the government. This sums up Bangladesh government's response.
* Bangladesh's music fraternity is mourning the death of the free lance sound engineer Mobin who died in a car crash. He was accompanying the local pop band BLACK on the way to Dhaka from Chittagong, where they performed a GIG, organised by GrameenPhone on their launch of djuice package. Indian idol starts Amit Sana & Rahul Saxena also performed in the same concert. Some of the BLACK members are still in the hospital with grave injuries. A note from Amit Sana about Bangladesh "I have heard that it is a muslim conservative country. But I see the crowds as free and lively as any Indian crowd".
* Panic(?) is spreading around the Globe because news claimed that Pope had links with the Nazi. World reactions on the election of new Pope Bendict XVI (Joseph Ratzinger).
* Yahoo mail in Bangla! Spooky! Good news is that localized Yahoo will be launched soon.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- TODAY'S TITBITS * The Da Vinci Code won the Briti...
- NOT DOING BADLY, THANK YOU Philip Browning has wr...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * "Bangladesh: Beyond The Headli...
- BANGLADESH CRICKET TEAM'S ENGLAND TOUR Bangladesh...
- WHEN BEAUTY COMBINES WITH BRAIN Aishwarya Rai, ...
- TENSED BORDERS - HATRED GROWS In my last post abo...
- RIANNA UPDATE -IV Hello everyone. I am going to ...
- THE CASE OF SALAHUDDIN SHOAIB CHOWDHURY Sharif le...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * The war against terror meme sp...
- SEARCHING THE TRUTH Almost three corners of Bangl...
- TODAY'S LINKS * "A living contradiction" in his o...
- AGAINST ALL ODDS The Bangla new year celebrations...
- ANTI-BANGLADESH PROPAGANDA IN UK Our good friend ...
- BENGALI NEW YEAR (1412) GREETINGS Shuvo Nobobar...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * Greg Chappell or Dav Whatmore:...
- SALUTE TO BANGLADESH DEMOCRACY Jane Novak of Armi...
- HATE CRIME I have been reading bits and pieces ab...
- LINK-O-MATIC * Kolkata 4 Dhaka 2 - A comparison ...
- DON'T LISTEN TO IMF In a recent post I have argue...
- TRAFFIC CHAOS IN DHAKA After introducing the reva...
- FAMOUS BANGLADESHI SHOWCASE Dr. Fazlur Rahman K...
- BANGLADESH'S LURKING TERROR Nazli Kibria, who is ...
- UPCOMING MAQSOOD O'DHAKA GIG Have you wondered wh...
- APRIL FOOL'S DAY LINKS * The 100 Greatest April ...
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2004 (329)