TRAFFIC CHAOS IN DHAKA
After introducing the revamped electronic signals the streets of Dhaka city it was expected that the notorious Dhaka traffic would get a bit disciplined. But after half an year things are slowly going back to the same unruly state as before. The traffic police were keen to fine for signal breach initially. I remember paying fine of Tk. 500 for a marginal one. Now-a-days almost everybody is skipping traffic lights in many places and traffic police are just ignoring things. After 10PM at night or in empty roads, the drivers (mostly chauffeurs) are not at all abiding by the lights. Even I get mocked by the drivers behind me for waiting 2 minutes on an empty road at a red light. People just don't have any respect for rules. And where there are rickshaws plying, the situation is even worse. Because they do not follow any rule and move in any direction unnoticed.
I feel pity for the policemen. Because a couple of days ago a constable was beaten up by a person, who is the son of one of the ruling BNP's MP. His guilt was the MP's son was stopped for violating red light. In a country where politicians disrupt normal police proceedings, outlook of the politicians and the consciousness of the general people should be changed before we can expect any change in the current situation. I think the police should get tough on fines again and impose small fines on rickshaws also for a starter.
TRAFFIC CHAOS IN DHAKA
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (29)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- TODAY'S TITBITS * The Da Vinci Code won the Briti...
- NOT DOING BADLY, THANK YOU Philip Browning has wr...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * "Bangladesh: Beyond The Headli...
- BANGLADESH CRICKET TEAM'S ENGLAND TOUR Bangladesh...
- WHEN BEAUTY COMBINES WITH BRAIN Aishwarya Rai, ...
- TENSED BORDERS - HATRED GROWS In my last post abo...
- RIANNA UPDATE -IV Hello everyone. I am going to ...
- THE CASE OF SALAHUDDIN SHOAIB CHOWDHURY Sharif le...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * The war against terror meme sp...
- SEARCHING THE TRUTH Almost three corners of Bangl...
- TODAY'S LINKS * "A living contradiction" in his o...
- AGAINST ALL ODDS The Bangla new year celebrations...
- ANTI-BANGLADESH PROPAGANDA IN UK Our good friend ...
- BENGALI NEW YEAR (1412) GREETINGS Shuvo Nobobar...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * Greg Chappell or Dav Whatmore:...
- SALUTE TO BANGLADESH DEMOCRACY Jane Novak of Armi...
- HATE CRIME I have been reading bits and pieces ab...
- LINK-O-MATIC * Kolkata 4 Dhaka 2 - A comparison ...
- DON'T LISTEN TO IMF In a recent post I have argue...
- TRAFFIC CHAOS IN DHAKA After introducing the reva...
- FAMOUS BANGLADESHI SHOWCASE Dr. Fazlur Rahman K...
- BANGLADESH'S LURKING TERROR Nazli Kibria, who is ...
- UPCOMING MAQSOOD O'DHAKA GIG Have you wondered wh...
- APRIL FOOL'S DAY LINKS * The 100 Greatest April ...
- ▼ April (24)
- ► 2004 (329)