* Bangladesh Cricket team starts well in their first warm up match in England. Khaled Masud is eyeing for a county contract.
* Read how tough it is to be a maid in Mumbai. Not much difference from the maids in Dhaka only in the fact that the maids are usually brought from remote villages and the intelligent one's switch to a more lucrative job in a garments factory within a short period of time.
* Create your very own cyberfireworks show!
* Many in the GCC countries are flocking to Dubai for none other than a Destiny's Child concert.
* A commercial stunt to cash on Muslim sentiments. The company, which is alleged to instigate propaganda against the US soft drink giants also pledged to donate a portion of its profits for the welfare of oppressed Muslims in Afghanistan, Iraq and Palestine. I wonder whether they are actually doing it or not. I would go for tastes, not the politics when it is a question of quenching thirst. Because you never know who cheats you more.
* Jamaat-e-Islami of Bangladesh may publicly apologize for their roles in 1971 war of independence. Sources say that it may come before the next parliamentary election. This leaves people guessing that they are not doing it from heart but for more tactical reasons.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- POWER OF A BLOGGER I am surprised to learn that a...
- CRICKET: ON BANGLADESH'S TEST STATUS Following th...
- LINK-O-MATIC * Its a wiki, wiki world. * A Day i...
- FAMOUS BANGLADESHI SHOWCASE: BIBI RUSSELL Last ...
- GUILTY MULE Schapelle Corby, an Australian girl...
- THE OTHER HALF According to this report, seventee...
- BANGLADESHI ROCK SCENE Manish of Sepia Mutiny wri...
- FIRST EVER TRAFFIC RADIO CHANNEL IN BANGLADESH Th...
- via Chan'ad Bahraini
- AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * Joe brings you the 6th B...
- THE 100 MILLION MISSING WOMEN IN ASIA DOCTRINE Ow...
- HEALTH UPDATE II I usually do not give much impor...
- HEALTH UPDATE We are having a hell of a busy time...
- GALLOWAY GALLS THE US SENATE COMMITTEE WHICH HAD A...
- SMS IN BANGLA AND THE MOBILE WAR আমি বাঙলায় কথা ব...
- SHORT TAKES * After numerous protests and deaths ...
- BANGLADESH FERRY DISASTER Yet another passenger f...
- HAPPY SLAPPING - SADIST OR NOT People believe tha...
- TODAY'S JOTTINGS * "Cookie Monster" turned into "...
- THOUGHT OF THE DAY When rain falls in the earth,...
- BOOK SALE IN DHAKA The publishing industry of Ban...
- FACE OF BANGLADESH Gurudasi Mondol gave herself...
- SHORT TAKES * Bangladesh Cricket team starts well...
- DEMOCRACY PREVAILS IN BANGLADESH With the overwhe...
- PARTY BLUES I had a great time last Monday night ...
- SCRAPINGS * A tribute to mother on the mother's d...
- BEGGING TAKES AWAY ONE'S MORAL Snapshot 1: An wom...
- MORE LINKS * The puzzle of Bangladesh * Lt Gen J...
- JOTTINGS OF THE DAY * "Keetha Oilow" and "Keetha ...
- I'M BACK Did you miss me? I was on a forced hiatu...
- GOOD NEWS FROM BANGLADESH * Salahuddin Shoaib Cho...
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2004 (329)