GOOD NEWS FROM BANGLADESH
* Salahuddin Shoaib Chowdhury is finally released on a bail. His affiliation with Inquilab TV (deemed as propaganda machine of right-wing Islami parties) is still an enigma to many (read my previous post).
* The good news is that the number of internet users of Bangladesh has crossed 1 million. But it is still less than 1% of the population.
* Bangladesh's export earnings rose to 12.5% in the first nine months of the current fiscal year July'04 - June'05.
* Thanks to the introduction of rigorous law (death penalty) against the abusers, acid throwing attacks on women have been reduced.
* Bangladesh has been elected a member of the UN Commission on Human Rights for 2006-2008.