LEADERS ARE CREATED, NOT BORN
The above is a tagline of a training course on leadership (and other corporate aspects) in which I am participating. It is really a slendid course sponsored by my employer and contain participants from local & multinational organizations. I was amazed to see that the local concerns are spending much on automation and training to bring professionalism into their affairs. The trainer is a competent Bangladeshi professional who has extensive practical knowledge in many of the industries. We are learning to look at every problem positively and ways to develop leadership qualities.
Leaders are driven by visions rather than dreams (like some of our politicians). A vision is a dream with required actions to make it a reality. We have learnt about team building and managing team members. A leader conquers the mind of his/her team members and guide them towards the objective. He replaces the word I with we and mean it.
Although aimed for the corporate sector , I find that this training is also applicable to our politicians who lacks these qualities. You can assess the requirement from the following. The growth and development of Bangladesh so far is contributed by the local entrepreneurs, ngos and some multinationals. It is the local entrepreneurs of garments factories who worked hard towards quality and speed to clinch the international market. It is the local manufacturers who produced world class batteries, lights and medicine to export them to other countries after catering domestic needs. The ngos have done extensive work on changing the socities and bettering the lives of the have-nots. The government is only backing up afterwards but did not intiate any of this. These private organisations had understood the potentials of human resources and provided them training to thrive towards there visions. If the political leaders had the qualities, they could lead Bangladesh to another level.
I was also pleased to learn that now a days there are many private universities coming up to create leaders for tomorrow. BRAC University has a vision to be the best University in the region in five years. They have a two month long offsite program for the students, which trains them in communications and basic etiquettes. Surely these will make good use of the abundance of our human resources and build our future leaders to steer our country towards prosperity.
The training schedules have made my life very hectic as I had to squeez my regular official and family commitments. Still I could manage time for this & this. I did not break down under pressure. From the training I have learnt to be positive. Leaders are created, not born.
LEADERS ARE CREATED, NOT BORN
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- LIFE EXPLAINED "When I stand before God at the en...
- BLOG DAY 2005 BASH Nir Ofir, an Israeli blogger ...
- TODAY'S PICKS * Increase your IQ by blogging * ...
- TERRORISTS VS. NGOS What do the terrorists hate i...
- THE TERRORIST FRATERNITY More and more shocking d...
- THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM I have said it before tha...
- TODAY'S PICKS * The alleged mastermind of the 7/7...
- LEADERS ARE CREATED, NOT BORN The above is a tagl...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Detrerrent democracy * Banglades...
- WAR AGAINST JIHAD The Bangladesh government has ...
- BANGLADESH BLASTS AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * an ope...
- THE POINTING OF FINGURES AND THE LOOMING THREATS ...
- LIVING WITH A DEADLY DISEASE "As a deadly virus i...
- BANGLADESH BOMB BLASTS -MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWER...
- BANGLADESH BOMB BLASTS 8/17 I was attending one s...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Why Iran must not be invaded. * ...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP Bangladesh: - Tazzy wri...
- A LAW FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL- THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The latest carnival of the libera...
- BENGALI NICKNAME GENERATOR I have come across thi...
- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO THE PALACE MULLAHS The Det...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The ugly side of beauty. * Hiros...
- UNHEARD VOICES FROM THE DUNGEON Just when the wor...
- DEMOGRAPHICS OF THE MUSLIM WORLD A random comment...
- THE EVER POPULAR JATRA Jatra, the folk theatre/v...
- MARS WATER ICE This image, taken by the High Res...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Pakistan: a Geopolitical Crux * ...
- THE HUMAN COST OF ONE PENNY LESS 'Dateline NBC' i...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUPHere is today's round up o...
- A BLOG ABOUT DESIS Sepia Mutiny is a superb grou...
- PERILS OF OVERWORK Sometimes I feel like...
- EXPONENTIAL BLOG GROWTH David Sifry of Technocrat...
- SNIPPETS FROM MY LIFE Scene 1: Place: A dark cro...
- RIANNA UPDATE Hew..Ye.. dijjam...(Hello hello). T...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2004 (329)