SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP
- Tazzy writes more episodes about a typical South Asian arranged marriage. Stay tuned for the rest of the story.
- 'Allah hafiz' or 'Khuda hafiz'- Asif discusses the controversial Indo-Islamic phrases for "good bye" used in Bangladesh.
- Ishtiaque writes a series of posts about his recent trip to Cox's Bazaar, the longest natural sea beach of the world.
- Robin posts pictures of an unique car sculpture in Dhaka, which is made out of bicycle chains, car parts and other scrap metal.
- Bhutani cable operators stopped telecasting of some Indian news and entertainment channels, which were accused of undermining Bhutanese cultural values, besides distracting students from their studies.
- Preetam Rai posts a tribute to India's Independence Day.
- Manish of Sepia Mutiny reports that the new Oxford Dictionary of English has a Desi flavor.
- 'Even the Indian Gods are now being outsourced from China' - discovers Amit of 'India Uncut'.
- Kozhikode is the first litter free city in India - via 'The scientific Indian'.
- Nitin of 'The Acorn' predicts the name of the next Pakistani ballistic missile.
- Dinesh Wagle of 'United We Blog' interviews Miss Nepal 2005 contestants and asks about their dreams.
- Vishnu discusses the Nepali government sponsored vigilante groups which according to him will worsen the bloody situation in Nepal.
- KO pleads to UK to extradite the most wanted terrorist of Pakistan, Altaf Hussain, whom UK granted asylum.
- Pakistani Perspective links to an article which says that the Pakistan military took up four percent of the country GDP and a Maj General of the armed forces is worth a staggering Rs 300 million.
- The Glass House harshly criticises Pakistani president Gen. Musharrof's pledges, which are yet to be fulfilled.
- Sri Lankan blogosphere is mourning the death of Mr. L. Kadirgamar, the foreign Minister of Sri Lanka assassinated by the alleged LTTE terrorists. Prabhath writes "they silenced the most eloquent voice of Sri Lanka that fearlessly spoke against terrorism." Selvarajah suspects that because of the declaration of emergency, the authorities can harass Tamils by detaining as suspect. Mahangu prays that this doesn’t mean another war.
Tag: Bangladesh, Bhutan,India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka