UNHEARD VOICES FROM THE DUNGEON
Just when the world is outraged by the Arab hard-line views and breeding of radical Islamofacism, we keep forgetting that there are also humane voices in Arab world muffled by restrictions and oppression.
One such voice is Alhamedi of Saudi Arabia who has a blog called "The religious policeman" named in protest of the Saudi religious police, who among other mischiefs stopped 15 schoolgirls from leaving a blazing building because they were not wearing correct Islamic dress nor allow the Firemen to enter causing their death.
Schooled in UK, Alhamedy has a great sense of humor and posts his progressive perspectives. Sadly he stopped blogging around August 2004, after only seven months for unknown reasons.
The good thing is that he is back after one year and he says that he can now post without fear as he has moved to UK. Straight away he is back in business with his humor and puns:
* The King is dead, long live the King.
* His comments on the alleged anti-Islamic "Little Green Football blog"
* No need to 'nuke Mecca', Saudi Hardliners have demolished 95% of the millennium old buildings in Mecca.
* The war on terrorism - lets get real - part I & II blaming UK's inefficiency in tackling the homegrown 'insurgency'.
UNHEARD VOICES FROM THE DUNGEON
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- LIFE EXPLAINED "When I stand before God at the en...
- BLOG DAY 2005 BASH Nir Ofir, an Israeli blogger ...
- TODAY'S PICKS * Increase your IQ by blogging * ...
- TERRORISTS VS. NGOS What do the terrorists hate i...
- THE TERRORIST FRATERNITY More and more shocking d...
- THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM I have said it before tha...
- TODAY'S PICKS * The alleged mastermind of the 7/7...
- LEADERS ARE CREATED, NOT BORN The above is a tagl...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Detrerrent democracy * Banglades...
- WAR AGAINST JIHAD The Bangladesh government has ...
- BANGLADESH BLASTS AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * an ope...
- THE POINTING OF FINGURES AND THE LOOMING THREATS ...
- LIVING WITH A DEADLY DISEASE "As a deadly virus i...
- BANGLADESH BOMB BLASTS -MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWER...
- BANGLADESH BOMB BLASTS 8/17 I was attending one s...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Why Iran must not be invaded. * ...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP Bangladesh: - Tazzy wri...
- A LAW FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL- THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The latest carnival of the libera...
- BENGALI NICKNAME GENERATOR I have come across thi...
- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO THE PALACE MULLAHS The Det...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The ugly side of beauty. * Hiros...
- UNHEARD VOICES FROM THE DUNGEON Just when the wor...
- DEMOGRAPHICS OF THE MUSLIM WORLD A random comment...
- THE EVER POPULAR JATRA Jatra, the folk theatre/v...
- MARS WATER ICE This image, taken by the High Res...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Pakistan: a Geopolitical Crux * ...
- THE HUMAN COST OF ONE PENNY LESS 'Dateline NBC' i...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUPHere is today's round up o...
- A BLOG ABOUT DESIS Sepia Mutiny is a superb grou...
- PERILS OF OVERWORK Sometimes I feel like...
- EXPONENTIAL BLOG GROWTH David Sifry of Technocrat...
- SNIPPETS FROM MY LIFE Scene 1: Place: A dark cro...
- RIANNA UPDATE Hew..Ye.. dijjam...(Hello hello). T...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2004 (329)