"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me."Shappir's take on life has prompted me to write this. If I consider an average Bangladeshi's life expectancy then I have crossed half of my life. Sometimes I ponder about what significant things I did in my past. I try not to think much about afterlife but I am interested in doing things right at the current time as a sound present leads to a better future. I am a bit laidback in preparing for disaster management and planning the financials but I should do it as I am responsible for a family now. My wife tells me I can never be a businessman because I can't say no when it’s required. But I don't regret the way I have been.
I think a person should always try to be positive, creative and enjoy every bit of life in his own way. One faces many struggles in the life to achieve the set goals. But I think its better not to have a fixed goal rather some alternative choices to lead one's life. Sometimes its better and refreshing to listen to your heart rather than mind.
From the life and religion I have learnt that these things are required for a happy and carefree life:
* Never expect something from others (especially close ones) even if you deserve it and try to be self sufficient. Your life will be filled by tiny to big unexpected loves from others.
* Never do injustice to others and never borrow money which you cannot repay.
* Don't waste a minute, there is always something better you can do, like learn a new language/art or help others.
* Don't compare your life with others. A bike can give you better satisfaction than a Mercedes.
* Have good company. Engage in social activities to your taste. When like-minded people are around you can share your laughter and cries easily. There is no worse confinement than a lonely life.
* Respect others, even if it is your enemy.
* Don't leave anything for tomorrow if you can do it today.
And lastly don't give advice to others, you don't know what they are capable of (I am just blurting out btw).