SNIPPETS FROM MY LIFE
Place: A dark crossroad in Dhanmondi on about 9 pm at night. I was alone in my car waiting at a traffic signal.
*Man: Hey will you go to Kalyanpur?
*Me: Staring with a surprised look (thoughts going in my head "Is this guy mistaking my car as a taxi?")
*Man: Which way will you go?
*Me: I am going home (perplexed me spelled out the truth).
*Man: Aissa (OK).
I drove on wondering what had happened and I realized that I failed to convince him that I am not a taxi driver. (Note: my car is an old Nissan hatchback and no way similar to the Maruti 800 cabs that ply in Dhaka streets except for the close dark color).
Moral: Don't ever make the similar mistake yourself. That will make you very stupid and put others in embarrasment.
Place: 'Voot' a theme restaurant in 'Rifles square'. I was dining with family and my 10 month old daughter was flirting with a couple of guys next table.
*Youth: Uncle, can I have your email address?
*Me: Gazing curiously (after looking around for an 'uncle').
*Youth: I will email the picture of your daughter I took in my cell phone.
*Me: Here is my business card (not being able to tell the youth in his face that he is in his early twenties and I am in my early thirties, then why is he calling me uncle?).
My wife reminded me later that I am a father of an attractive daughter.
Moral: When you become father of a daughter, you gotta learn how to tackle these sort of situations.
SNIPPETS FROM MY LIFE
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- LIFE EXPLAINED "When I stand before God at the en...
- BLOG DAY 2005 BASH Nir Ofir, an Israeli blogger ...
- TODAY'S PICKS * Increase your IQ by blogging * ...
- TERRORISTS VS. NGOS What do the terrorists hate i...
- THE TERRORIST FRATERNITY More and more shocking d...
- THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM I have said it before tha...
- TODAY'S PICKS * The alleged mastermind of the 7/7...
- LEADERS ARE CREATED, NOT BORN The above is a tagl...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Detrerrent democracy * Banglades...
- WAR AGAINST JIHAD The Bangladesh government has ...
- BANGLADESH BLASTS AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * an ope...
- THE POINTING OF FINGURES AND THE LOOMING THREATS ...
- LIVING WITH A DEADLY DISEASE "As a deadly virus i...
- BANGLADESH BOMB BLASTS -MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWER...
- BANGLADESH BOMB BLASTS 8/17 I was attending one s...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Why Iran must not be invaded. * ...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP Bangladesh: - Tazzy wri...
- A LAW FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL- THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The latest carnival of the libera...
- BENGALI NICKNAME GENERATOR I have come across thi...
- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO THE PALACE MULLAHS The Det...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The ugly side of beauty. * Hiros...
- UNHEARD VOICES FROM THE DUNGEON Just when the wor...
- DEMOGRAPHICS OF THE MUSLIM WORLD A random comment...
- THE EVER POPULAR JATRA Jatra, the folk theatre/v...
- MARS WATER ICE This image, taken by the High Res...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Pakistan: a Geopolitical Crux * ...
- THE HUMAN COST OF ONE PENNY LESS 'Dateline NBC' i...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUPHere is today's round up o...
- A BLOG ABOUT DESIS Sepia Mutiny is a superb grou...
- PERILS OF OVERWORK Sometimes I feel like...
- EXPONENTIAL BLOG GROWTH David Sifry of Technocrat...
- SNIPPETS FROM MY LIFE Scene 1: Place: A dark cro...
- RIANNA UPDATE Hew..Ye.. dijjam...(Hello hello). T...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2004 (329)