THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM
I have said it before that the illegal border trades and the involvement of the security forces people are the key causes for the India-Bangladesh border strifes.
Now the Indian media is taking notice as it finds that the headache of the Indian Border Security Force (BSF) personnel is the smuggling of cattle from India to Bangladesh, which is valued approximately at Indian Rupees 1000 crore per annum (approx 2% of Bangladesh budget). Although they aim to fence much of the land borders, there are 4000 km waterways acting as borders which are very difficult to police.
'The Economic Times' also finds that:
India would have earned some revenue, if it had legalised the cattle export to Bangladesh. But no government can take the initiative of legalising it because of the sensitivity of cattle export.
Legal trade would also be beneficial to Bangladesh as instead of those middlemen, the government would get customs revenue. So I think its high time to legalize the cattle trade between Bangladesh, which will also help reduce the recurring border problems.
THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- LIFE EXPLAINED "When I stand before God at the en...
- BLOG DAY 2005 BASH Nir Ofir, an Israeli blogger ...
- TODAY'S PICKS * Increase your IQ by blogging * ...
- TERRORISTS VS. NGOS What do the terrorists hate i...
- THE TERRORIST FRATERNITY More and more shocking d...
- THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM I have said it before tha...
- TODAY'S PICKS * The alleged mastermind of the 7/7...
- LEADERS ARE CREATED, NOT BORN The above is a tagl...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Detrerrent democracy * Banglades...
- WAR AGAINST JIHAD The Bangladesh government has ...
- BANGLADESH BLASTS AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * an ope...
- THE POINTING OF FINGURES AND THE LOOMING THREATS ...
- LIVING WITH A DEADLY DISEASE "As a deadly virus i...
- BANGLADESH BOMB BLASTS -MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWER...
- BANGLADESH BOMB BLASTS 8/17 I was attending one s...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Why Iran must not be invaded. * ...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUP Bangladesh: - Tazzy wri...
- A LAW FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL- THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The latest carnival of the libera...
- BENGALI NICKNAME GENERATOR I have come across thi...
- THE WORLD ACCORDING TO THE PALACE MULLAHS The Det...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The ugly side of beauty. * Hiros...
- UNHEARD VOICES FROM THE DUNGEON Just when the wor...
- DEMOGRAPHICS OF THE MUSLIM WORLD A random comment...
- THE EVER POPULAR JATRA Jatra, the folk theatre/v...
- MARS WATER ICE This image, taken by the High Res...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Pakistan: a Geopolitical Crux * ...
- THE HUMAN COST OF ONE PENNY LESS 'Dateline NBC' i...
- SOUTH ASIAN BLOG ROUNDUPHere is today's round up o...
- A BLOG ABOUT DESIS Sepia Mutiny is a superb grou...
- PERILS OF OVERWORK Sometimes I feel like...
- EXPONENTIAL BLOG GROWTH David Sifry of Technocrat...
- SNIPPETS FROM MY LIFE Scene 1: Place: A dark cro...
- RIANNA UPDATE Hew..Ye.. dijjam...(Hello hello). T...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2004 (329)