April 05, 2006

BREAKING THE MISCONCEPTION ABOUT ISLAM

I am delighted to introduce a new Bangladeshi blogger to you. Mash (Mashuqur Rahman) lives in Washington, DC and started blogging only last month. In his latest post he tried to answer a series of questions posed to moderate Muslims and Muslim reformers by another American blogger. And he did it with conviction. Please read the whole post (long post warning).

His conclusion:
I hope you find the answers I’ve given to be satisfactory. I am sure I am not the only Muslim to have similar thoughts. When you look a little deeper into Islam, and beyond the caricatures and the Fanatics, you might find that the vast majority of practicing devout Muslims live a life of peace and tolerance. It may not fit the image of Islam some people want to see; it may not fit the Clash of Civilizations argument; but it reflects reality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment