There you go. As soon as you start hearing promises by political parties you know that election is nearing. E.g:
Free education up to degree level if voted to power: Hasina
Don't forget to quote the phrases "if voted to power" while discussing the subject. This is not a party agenda, but an imaginary "carrot" in front of the voters. The journalists have never bothered to ask the party from which fund the subsidy would come in a deficit budget. And I hope they understand that the method to raise literacy rate is to ensure primary education to all, not produce graduate clerks and jobless people in a subsidized low grade education. There is nothing called a free lunch; if there is one, that is charitable and non-eatable(ziafat).
Meanwhile I have checked the other party's website and it says it is coming soon with new features. Can't wait to see more stunts.
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (211)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- CHANGE BANGLADESH The state of Bangladesh politic...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "Every new-born child in German...
- TWO NATION THEORY AND THE NATIONAL ANTHEM I am su...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Saudi Arabia: the next nuclear do...
- SOCCER IS LIKE LOLLYPOP Even though soccer is ver...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh govt deported Ehsanul ...
- THE CHAT SHOW QUEEN OF PAKISTAN Who is (s)he? C...
- OSAMA'S WAR Mash has an excellent piece on how Os...
- BANGLADESH BLOG BUZZ (Crossposted in the 'Global V...
- BRITISH RAB UK government has set up an elite for...
- DETENTION OF A BANGLADESHI-AMERICAN On April 17th...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh lose Test but win admi...
- POLITICAL STAND-OFF BRINGS CHAOS & FEAR More dist...
- BANGLADESH'S SUBMARINE CABLE WOES After much cont...
- THE KOMINAS ON THE LOOSE What do terms like Musli...
- THE LUNGI REDISCOVERED Can you guess what happens...
- TODAY'S LINKS * The Kafka index. * The making of...
- CUSTOMIZED LAW Another worrying example of the Ba...
- BEING HALF AN HOUR LATE OFFICIALLY The Sri Lankan...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Porn star's offer to Bin Laden. ...
- BANGLADESH-AUSTRALIA 2ND TEST The first day was n...
- ENGLISH IN GERMANY Why do almost all Germans insi...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh boilover gives cricket...
- OF WHAT FAITH ARE YOU? I took the belief-o-matic ...
- BENGALI NEW YEAR (1413) GREETINGS Shuvo Nobobars...
- QUIET REVOLUTION The Kansat situation is going ou...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Bangladesh’s quiet hero. * The S...
- WORLD CHAMP'S FIGHTBACK The Bangladesh-Australia ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * India: largest state passes law t...
- GO BANGLADESH GO! This is just awesome. Headlines...
- BUILDING IMAGE OF BANGLADESH This type of adver...
- THE POLITICS OF DEVELOPMENT "All progress occurs b...
- THE OTHER MIDDLE EAST From Michael J Totten's Mid...
- TODAY'S LINKS * War on terror — failure of clear-...
- ANOTHER KANSAT TRAGEDY Tasneem Khalil wrote an ...
- QUOTE OF THE DAY "If you are doing a job that Am...
- PROMISES STUNTS There you go. As soon as you star...
- FIRE IN PARLIAMENT HOUSE What the hell?"Mysteriou...
- PONTING STANDS CORRECTED The captain of the Austr...
- FLOODS IN CENTRAL EUROPE Meissen city in Saxony ...
- BREAKING THE MISCONCEPTION ABOUT ISLAM I am delig...
- TODAY'S LINKS * Texting and Politics in the Phili...
- GOOGLE SEARCH TEXT OF THE DAY desi islamic sex bl...
- THE EFFECTIVE IMMIGRATION POLICY Being an immigra...
- PREVIEW OF THE BANGLADESH AUSTRALIA TEST SERIES B...
- REBIRTH OF A NATION: BANGLADESH The above is the ...
- BOOTY CALL With the advent of 3G technology in ce...
- DEVALUATION In economic terms "devaluation" is a ...
- TODAY'S LINKS * YouTube - the web at its best. *...
- DOCUMENTARY ON BLOG A new video 'Many to Many: Pu...
- SLAP THE BLOCK PROXY The creative minds of a few ...
- ▼ April (51)
- ► 2005 (373)
- ► 2004 (329)